Tuesday 12 July 2011

1ST WEEK CLASS

hi there.. very late of me to publish this first entry and i guess all of my classmates have done it all earlier. well, having the probs with the
poor internet connection though, things I can't help.

As for now, I'm going to tell you briefly about what I have learned in GE1155 Computer in Education subject. 1st we have to :

1. register Official email by using both google account and yahoo account. Doesn't matter if we have one before, we have to create the new one officially as we will be using this account for academic purposes. :)  As we finish creating the official account, we have to put signature for both accounts. so how to do it? it is simple. I just follow these steps n so should you.
for yahoo account: simply click on mail option. as you noticed the "signature" on your left pane , just click on it. edit the text as I have to put my full name, the program I'm taking- B.Ed TESL and the institution. 
for gmail account: looking for setting and just click it. then, find for "signature" and edit the text. 

simple right?? :D

ops! one more thing, I have to send my email to my course coordinator, Dr. Fatimah Mohd Yasin, IPG Sarawak's lecturer and my lecturer, Tg Norazlan. 

2. register official facebook account..  I use my yahoo account created before to create my official fb account. the steps are just as easy as ABC. just fill up the form and sign up. then, just follow the steps one by one. and after a few minutes, I can enjoy adding my classmates, course lecture and course coordinator to be friends with them on fb. one important thing, I have to edit fb setting to put my username the same as my yahoo account. 

3. create facebook group. this fb group has to be created individually and name the goup with my name and set it to close group. I have to invite my classmates, course lecture and course coordinator. just click on "create group" for the start. 

4. join a yahoo groups. using my yahoo account, I am assigned to join this official yahoo groups and introduce my self. this group is for the CiE course as created by course coordinator. 

5. create my own yahoo groups. name the group with my matrix number , my name and IPG. set to close group. just click on "start your group" and follow the instructions. then, send invitation to my course coordinator, course lecturer and friends. 

6. blog registration.  I create this blog using my google account created before.  this official blog have to be created using my name. so now, in this blog I have to make a complete notes of what I have learned during the first week of class. I have to include the steps involved in creating all those emails, fb and blog things. therefore I think, i have done it all. 

as for reflection, doing all this things are interesting. however, I must admit that there are certain things really confusing me, as to put the signature, to edit the username, and etc because I'm not well used to it before. so now, it kind of new knowledge for me. having the poor wireless internet connection prevent me from finishing my work earlier. :p
looking forward for a better connection ..

No comments:

Post a Comment