Saturday 20 August 2011

week 7 b- database

this is the last assignment for this subject. so,  we are asked to create a simple database for student management information using in openoffice base. first, to create the database, we have to plan what to fill in the tables. there are four different tables that we have to create, which are student table, parent table, curriculum table and cocurriculam table. for all those table, student is used as primary key. after creating all the table, go to tools and click relationships. create relationships between the tables by linking the students id.  after that, use wizard to create form. there must be four forms altogether. (students, parent, curriculum, cocurriculum). next, I manage to create queries and the report of the database.

tables



forms


queries


report

as a conclusion, doing the database gives me the advantages. I'm pretty sure that I will have to create the database for my students in the future. if before, I don't even know that we can create the database using openoffice base. even worse, this is the first time in my life using this openoffice base and never heard about it before. To be frank,  I've learnt a lot of things through out this short semester by doing the assignments for this subjects. even some of them are really confusing, however all the problems can be solved. thanks a lot to the course coordinator, Dr. Siti Fatimah and YM Tengku Norazlan, my lecturer who help us a lot in encouraging and supporting us in learning this subject. I guess thats all for this semester. have a nice day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment