Wednesday 17 August 2011

week 7 (learning about spreadsheet)

7a-open office Calc
this week assignments require us to plan, create and edit a simple one year financial management in spreadsheet using openoffice calc. As I remember, what we need to do is: we have to name every sheets according to the month. we have to create a formula to calculate the balance for each months and link the formula between the sheets. It is not easy to do in the first place. but, with the help of guidance form Fadhli Aminuddin, my classmate, I finally manage to come out with my own financial management. the print screen below shows the overview of the spreadsheet of my financial management.

what I get from this spreadsheet lesson is that thing is not difficult in the world as long as we know how to deal with it. as in my situation, I really don't know how to do this task even after reading the question for a few times. then, I put some effort to ask my friend who able to do this task well. luckily, he is very generous, most of my classmates asked him for the way to solve the question. after trying fill in the salary, and expenditure, and how to get the balance from the previous months and the total balance, I finally know how to use this spreadsheet. Next time, if I want to manage my annual financial, I can just do it the same way as I'd done. it's easy :)

7b- excel
for excel, we need to create a spreadsheet of the student score and grade analysis. this time, we are introduced by the foreign terms such as VLOOKUP, STDEV, AVERAGE and COUNTIF.
with the guidance from Sir Tengku Norazlan, I manage to complete the score and grade analysis including the graph.


Doing all this thing give me lots of benefits. it is worth learning this assignment as I know one day in the future I might have to use all this stuff in school. well,teachers-to-be have to be familiar with key in students score and analysis grade so that it will be no problem in doing this thing later on. Actually, it quite confusing to find all those VLOOKUP, STDEV things, but I ask my course mate how to do all those things until I manage to complete it. we help each other to produce a better product :)


No comments:

Post a Comment